Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Here We Come!

I knew it had been a long time since I updated my blog...but I can't believe I haven't written since OCTOBER! Yikes! But here I am again...vowing to be better...to be the writer I have decided I want to be.

As I sit here and contemplate 2013 I an overwhelmed with ideas and plans. Things I want to do...changes I want to make. I am planning...and planning. So I bet you are wondering why I am not sharing all my plans...lol. Well, I have been here before. I've made plans and not followed through. So, I want to test them out first. See what I can do. And I figure it will give me lots of things to write about when they succeed.

One thing I do want to do in 2013 is keep this blog up to date. If I really want to succeed at world domination...then I must write. It's funny... because I write about 3 blog posts a day in my head. Yup...write there in my noggin. Cute things the kids say, inner most feelings and thoughts, opinions on current events...but that's where they stay. I keep them there because that is where they are safe...where I can think and not stir the pot, offend or hold back.

When I started this whole blog thing I swore I'd be 100% honest. Don't get me wrong...there's ways to be honest that are not harsh or hurtful or ignorant. But someone will always disagree. And I am not sure that I am ready to put my whole self out there to be judged or disagreed with. I am not sure that I have the grace to write in a way that will inform rather than offend. To craft my thoughts in a way  that is inherently honest and true and informative but not sappy, or blunt, or harsh, or opinionated. A smart lady always told me...once you write something down, you can't ever take it back. So, I'm working on being OK with that. OK with being true and honest, and having something written down forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment